This EASY Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is cooked all in one pot! The meat sauce is made from scratch on the stove and cooked with the spaghetti all at the same time. No extra pots to wash, fast and delicious!
A few weeks ago I share this Instant Pot version of a One-Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce using jarred marinara sauce and turkey instead of beef. Tons of questions if it could be made on the stove, so of course to answer those questions I had to test it on the stove for the timing of the pasta. I wanted to make the meat sauce in this version from scratch and was craving beef in my sauce, but of course you can make this with turkey and jarred sauce if you wish!
BTW, I swear by Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes (green label) when I make my sauce from scratch! You can't make a bad sauce with them unlike other brands that tend to be acidic and need lots of doctoring. Bonus, they are also non-gmo and use a non-bpa liner in the cans.
One-Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce (Stove-Top recipe)
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb 90% ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, I love Tuttorosso
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups water
- 4 torn basil leaves, plus optional more for garnish
- 8 ounces wheat or gluten-free spaghetti, broken in half (I love Delallo)
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional for serving
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over high heat.
- When hot add the beef and salt and cook, breaking up about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, black pepper, water and basil and stir, add the spaghetti, making sure the liquid covers everything without stirring.
- Cover and cook medium-low heat until the water is absorbed and the pasta is cooked, about 17 minutes.
- Serve topped with grated cheese if desired!
Yield: 5 servings, Serving Size: scant 1 1/2 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 8
- Points +: 9
- Calories: 377
- Total Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 58.5mg
- Sodium: 567mg
- Carbohydrates: 43.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 23.5g
Original Content: One-Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce (Stove-Top recipe)