By Leo Babauta
It can be really difficult when you aren't good at talking to people, at making friends, or at dating. It can stress you out, get you down, make your life harder.
I consider myself an introvert, but I've made a concerted effort in my life to get better at making friends and socializing. So it's possible.
I've created a course in my Sea Change Program to help others get good at making friends and dating … it's called "The Magic of Forming New Relationships," and it has just started. Join me!
The course features a guest expert, other than myself … my good friend Tynan, who is a blogger, author, coach and expert on topics ranging from minimalism, travel, productivity, habits, social dynamics, awesome cruise travel and much more. Tynan is a former pickup artist (he's a good person, I swear) who learned to not suck at talking to girls, not suck at storytelling, and apply what he learned to making friends. I'm honored to have him as a guest expert.
So what's this course about?
We'll talk about making new friends and also dating — both involve getting out of our comfort zone and making new connections. It can be life-changing stuff.
Here are the video lessons — the first one just came out:
- Overview — What Most People Do Wrong at First
- The Approach (Or, how to get someone to want to talk to you)
- The Art of Storytelling
- The First Three Dates
- The Preliminaries: Developing Your Confidence
- Making a Great Connection
- Building a Friendship (or Romantic Relationship)
- Avoiding Long-Term Pitfalls
It'll be amazing. We'll also talk about telling good stories, creating a great experience for the other person, and other awesome stuff that will help anyone, no matter where you are in life.
Here's how it works:
- Every week this month I'll publish two video lessons
- There's a challenge to spend 5-10 minutes each day to working on one of the skills presented in the video lessons
- There are weekly check-in threads in the forum and discussion threads for each lesson
- I'll hold a live video webinar on with a talk and a Q&A session on Aug. 19
This is all included in my Sea Change Program, which you can sign up for today. You also get access to a huge library of other courses and content for changing your life, one step at a time. I hope you'll join me, I'm really excited!
Original Content: New Course: The Magic of Forming New Relationships